Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Silence

Maybe it’s the neuroses talking, but I worry about crossing “the line” with regard to comfort.  It worries me when I’m talking to someone and for no apparent reason, they go silent.  I don’t mean when I’m talking to someone in person, then it might just be awkward, or I can just ask them.  I mean when I’m talking to someone in a chat program or via text message.  And they just stop responding.  And, do you ask if they are still there, if they are ok, or maybe they just don’t have a response to what you said?  So, what do you do?  It just seems a very unnatural end to a conversation.  It’s akin to talking to someone in person and then just turning around midsentence and walking away.  No “goodbye” no “see you later” or anything of the sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment